Thursday, October 20, 2016

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I recently watched the TED Talk from Emilie Wapnick on why certain people have a hard time deciding on they're true calling.




I know some of us are/were truly dumbfounded when an asked what we wanted to be when we grow up. After teaching for 10 years, I still feel as though I don't know what I want to do when I grow up or don't have a true calling. Emilie calls this "multipotentialities." It points to the fact that many people have numerous interests or passions. Many of us find it difficult to pinpoint exactly one passion to follow over the other.

We should introduce our students to perspectives like Emilie's. It's more important to be passionate and deeply involved in numerous activities or interests than be void of passion at all. What's your take on Emilie's "multipotentialities?"

No comments:

Post a Comment