I'm in beautiful Keystone, CO for #InnEdCO18 and starting the first day with a keynote address from Sarah Thomas (@sarahdateechur). I'll work through the Google Learning Academy today and moving to your Google Academy Workshop from 9:45-11:15.
Keynote: Sarah Thomas
Edumatch creator (among tons of other things she's done 😁)
What is your power?
My power -- communication, sharing my story, connections
How do you use social media to connect with other educators?
-Twitter -- education chats, educational leaders, classrooms, etc.
-Voxer -- walkie talkie app for communicating with teams
3 steps to taking over the world (or at least changing your world):
1) Find your crew -- Personal Learning Family #usetech4good
2) Solve a problem -- spirit influence
-How do we solve problems within our community? school building?
3) Scale -- spread the love (@digcitkids)
-advocate for yourself and your students -- give students an outlet to share their voice
Flourishing in education:
1) Culture & environment -- finding your place
2) Connecting/Sharing with other educators -- social media
3) Move on those magical moments -- put it out there and see what people think
- it could be a project for students, systems for a school - seek criticism and feedback through your Personal Learning Family
-help others with their challenges: https://padlet.com/sthomasgmu/ofypp7bvqtii
Slide Deck: tinyurl.com/thatpowerinnedco18