Monday, April 30, 2018

DPS Tech Summit - HyperDocs

On Saturday (April 28), I presented at the 2018 DPS Tech Summit on the topic of HyperDocs. I learned everything I know about HyperDocs from the website, https://hyperdocs.co/, and by reading the book, The HyperDoc Handbook. I find them to be an effective way for students to work through the inquiry-based learning method where the entire project (standards, daily goals, rigorous tasks, articles/videos/images, checks for understanding, and reflection) are built into a single document (Google Doc) or slideshow (Google Slides). With a HyperDoc, the project or lesson becomes student driven (less teacher-led), accessible from anywhere with WIFI, and differentiated based on a student's needs. Checks-for-understanding can be built in throughout the HyperDoc, so students can check in with you as they complete certain portions of the document. Also, feedback becomes instantaneous when the HyperDoc is uploaded to the Google Classroom and the teacher can see and comment on the student's work in real time.  Try one of the samples or templates below to try building your own HyperDoc!

Here's a link to my presentation: bit.ly/JAtechsummit

What in the world is a HyperDoc? Definitely the question I receive the most when I mention HyperDocs. It can be difficult to explain, but this video  helped me understand:

 

  HyperDoc Resources:





HyperDoc Podcasts:

No comments:

Post a Comment