Tuesday, June 13, 2017

InnEdCO 2017 -- Classroom Redesign

For my second session of the day, I attended a Classroom Redesign session with Paige Dersham and Meegan Bennet

Slide Deck:
http://tinyurl.com/yc6ohasu

My notes:

Redesigning My Classroom

Issues:
-tables are tough to move
-electrical cord for projector cart stretches under tables
-teacher desk takes up too much space
-old promethean board doesn’t work & needs to be removed
-no area to write on the walls -- make thinking visible
-not much room to store makerspace materials
-Where to I put the RedCat speaker system?


Old promethean board -- turn it into a mobile green screen?

Learning Landscapes:

Layout of my room:
I have 2 classroom which make up our Library/Computer lab where the students work with laptops. Below are the layout of both spaces.


  1. In red, I labeled the changes I’d like to make to both spaces. The biggest change would be removing my look-up stations & teacher desk.
  2. I’d like to add storage along the wall in place of the teacher desk\look-up stations for our makerspaces
  3. I’d like to make the extra space a place for students to work in small groups -- I need to come up with norms & expectations around this extra space


No comments:

Post a Comment